30 May 2009

Lord's Day 22 Heidelberg Catechism

Lord's Day 22

Scripture Readings: 1 Corinthians 15:12-19; 2 Corinthians 5:18; Philippians 1:21-24

Question 57. How does "the resurrection of the body" comfort you?
Answer. Not only will my soul be taken immediately after this life to Christ its head, but even my very flesh, raised by the power of Christ, will be reunited with my soul and made like Christ's glorious body.
Question 58. How does the article concerning "life everlasting" comfort you?
Answer. Even as I already now experience in my heart the beginning of eternal joy, so after this life I will have perfect blessedness such as no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no human heart has ever imagined: a blessedness in which to praise God forever.

For study and discussion:

Do you spend time thinking about death? If not, why not?
What makes the doctrine of the resurrection so cool?

No comments: