10 May 2009

Dwelling In The House of The LORD

Sunday, The Lord's Day, is our little piece of heaven every week. And so it should be as we strive to keep it holy. I often think on Psalm 27:4 as I get ready and drive to church. It encapsulates what may of us desire - spending eternity in the house of the Lord. We have no real idea what that will actually encompass, as we live in a world and in bodies that are so caught up in sin. But we do know enough from Scripture that it has become our deepest desire and our strongest yearning. Let us rejoice as we head off to church today and think on the glory of spending eternity with our Saviour.

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

No comments: