25 March 2007

Eleven Books That Made a Difference


The following is a list of eleven of my favorite books that have influenced and shaped my theology. So, in no particular order, here they are:

1) Worship In Spirit & Truth by John Frame

2) Letters of Samuel Rutherford by Samuel Rutherford

3) Letters of A. W. Pink by A. W. Pink

4) The Mystery of Providence by John Flavel

5) Keeping the Heart by John Flavel

6) By This Standard by Greg Bahnsen

7) An Eschatology of Victory by J. Marcellus Kik

8) The Defense of the Faith by Cornelius Van Til

9) Gospel & Law by Daniel P. Fuller

10) The Unity of the Bible by Daniel P. Fuller

11) Disciplines of a Godly Man by Kent Hughes

1 comment:

Gordan said...

I like Flavel, but my favorite Puritan writer by far is Thomas Watson. His "Godly Man's Portait (Drawn With a Scripture Pencil)" is wonderful.

I can also ditto your 6, 7, and 8. Haven't read the others.