07 October 2007

Psalm 119:33-40


Pslam 119:33-40
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
36 Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!
37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
38 Confirm to your servant your promise, that you may be feared.
39 Turn away the reproach that I dread, for your rules are good.
40 Behold, I long for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life!

I particularly like and need to often reflect on verse 36. Our own natural inclination is not for the things of the Lord but our own selfish desires. Couple that with verse 38 as we spend so much time looking and lusting after what we don't need. All we need can found in the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Psalm. If sola Scriptura is true, then this Psalm is definitely a powerful foundation for it!

Reformed Renegade said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by!