20 October 2007

Packer on Evangelism

I find quite a few little gems reading Packer. I recently pulled out my copy of Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God and while perusing it I came across the following that I had highlighted.

The truth is that real personal evangelism is very costly, just because it demands of us a really personal relationship with the other man....If you wish to do personal evangelism, then - and I hope you do; you ought to - pray for the gift of friendship. A genuine friendliness is in any case a prime mark of the man who is learning to love his neighbor as himself.

This is so true. We must all take a step back and look at where we are and where we're going. I admit I have much work to do in this area. May God bless us all in this important work of evangelism.

No comments: