Over at Desiring God they are posting Twelve Appeals to Prosperity Preachers. I took note today as the subject was on suffering. We are ordained to suffer as the post points out for at least six reasons:
1. Suffering deepens faith and holiness.
2. Suffering makes your cup increase.
3. Suffering is the price of making others bold.
4. Suffering fills up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions.
5. Suffering enforces the missionary command to go.
6. The supremacy of Christ is manifest in suffering.
Let's reconsider our thinking about suffering versus prospering in a world full of sinful decay.
Read the whole post here.