18 April 2007

Enjoying Beer

It’s truly encouraging to see so many in the blogoshere getting away from the unbiblical stance of alcohol abstention. I’ve come across more folks that are biblically enjoying alcohol and from a Scriptural standpoint. To that I say, “Amen and carry on.” It’s great to see this not even so much from an epicurean standpoint but purely from a biblical one, i.e., it is not sin so let us enjoy this simple pleasure that God has given us. So, let’s imbibe, let’s enjoy, & let’s talk about it. One of my favorite quotes is from a British TV program where the main character emphatically states, A bloke’s gotta have moderation in everything, especially non-drinking.

If you have not seen this yet take a gander at enjoyingbeer.com. Really good stuff.

Psalm 104:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

4 comments:

Gordan said...

Love, the moderation quote, man. This is a post after my own heart.

You pictured one of my top 5 or so favorite beers. The other thing to like about Guiness is that (from what I've heard) it is one of the most thoroughly and consistently Protestant businesses out there. Which would explain their non-sexual, non-party-spirt commercials...

I've lately become a bit of a Samuel Adams fan as well. Their seasonal brews have finally given me a reason to look forward to Christmas.

Reformed Renegade said...

Oh yeah, Guinness is a favorite! It's in a dead heat with McEwan's Ale. Why don't we both post are top 5 favorite beers?

Gordan said...

Okay, I'll take you up on that. It'll be interesting to see if I lose readers as a result! Ha!

Machine Gun Kelley said...

"Do not suppose that abuses are eliminated by destroying the object which is abused. Men can go wrong with wine and women. Shall we then prohibit and abolish women?" -Martin Luther