03 July 2013

Love That WIll Not Let Me Go

    “At that time, declares the LORD, I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, 
and they shall be my people.”
    Thus says the LORD:
    “The people who survived the sword
        found grace in the wilderness;
    when Israel sought for rest,
        the LORD appeared to him from far away.
    I have loved you with an everlasting love;
        therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
    Again I will build you, and you shall be built,
        O virgin Israel!
    Again you shall adorn yourself with tambourines
        and shall go forth in the dance of the merrymakers.
    Again you shall plant vineyards
        on the mountains of Samaria;
    the planters shall plant
        and shall enjoy the fruit.
    For there shall be a day when watchmen will call
        in the hill country of Ephraim:
    ‘Arise, and let us go up to Zion,
        to the LORD our God.’”
(Jeremiah 31:1-6 ESV)


George Matheson Author of "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go"
O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.

No comments: