09 March 2009

A Tough Week

Its been a tough week here at the Renegade household. Last Thursday evening I started with the stomach flu and the other assorted symptoms and it would just not stop. I became dehydrated and so spent Saturday afternoon in the local ER getting an IV of fluids and other good stuff to get this under control. I praise God I live today when modern medicine can bring these maladies under control.
Moreover, its been tough as last week I was laid off with no hope of returning to my position of 18 1/2 years. I've had my ups and downs over the last week but like Job, I believe I can say, "Though he slay me, I will hope in Him" (Job 13:15). I have felt drawn into some type of full time ministry for some time now so I believe this may be the door the Lord has opened to follow that path. Please pray for the wisdom needed to discern my next steps.
All this seems so trivial in light of what happened in that church in Maryville, Illinois yesterday. Please pray for all those involved in this horrible situation and especially for the family of the slain Pastor.

No comments: