25 February 2009

Through the Fire


Day Of Fire is an outstanding heavy metal band with a lead vocalist that has a quite a story to tell. I leave it to you to read that story here. My focus today however, is the lyrics of Through the Fire. The song is heavy, thunderous and lyrically robust with biblical references. Take a look and if you have a chance to hear them, go for it.

Walk in the flame again, (Dan. 3:24-25)
I'll be there to hold your hand, (Ps. 73:23)
Keeping you safe until the end (Ps. 4:8)
And when the flood begins, (Gen. 6:17-18; Ps. 29:10)
I'll be there with you to stand,
Walking in faith until the end (Hebrews 13:5)

Chorus: 2x's
I'll see you through the flood, (Gen. 6:17-18)
I'll see you through the fire, (Daniel 3)
I'll see you through the storms-a-raging. (Ps. 107:29)

Walking the darkest rain (Matt. 7:25)
I cover you by my name, (John 17:11-12)
A shelter inside your world of pain (Is. 32:2)
Step on the waters waves (Matt. 8:23-27)
Coming to me by faith (James 2:24)
I am the light of better days (John 8:12)

(Chorus)2x's
I'll see you through the flood,
I'll see you through the fire,
I'll see you through, the storms-a-raging

Don't be afraid (Php. 4:6)
I'll never leave you lying

Forever yours
Forever yours
Forever yours
Forever yours I am

(chorus) 2x's
I'll see you through the flood
I'll see you through the fire
I'll see you through the storms-a-raging

No comments: