19 December 2008

Moving On...

Some things are just plain difficult to do. Know what I mean? Leaving a church is one of those things. It has come time for us to leave the church we’ve been attending but I leave with a glad and grateful heart. We are returning to a church we attended some years ago but I wish to focus at this moment not on where we’re headed but what we’re leaving behind. The Pastor and congregation of Sovereign Grace Church Cleveland are some of the most wonderful gracious folks I’ve ever met. In a difficult time in my life they were there for me and were a great encouragement. The Pastor (I hope I’m not embarrassing him) was a great help to me and a wonderful preacher. So why leave? For purely doctrinal reasons only. I am not a Baptist and I’m not Charismatic (not even a tiny bit). I lean always to the Regulative Principle and desire a more formal style of worship. So, we leave but we leave taking with us good memories and retaining a good relationship with those we leave behind. Thanks SG Cleveland for all you’ve done.

4 comments:

Todd said...

May the Lord bless you in your return to former pastures, as I'm sure He has blessed you in your being part of the Sovereign Grace church in Cleveland.

Reformed Renegade said...

Thanks for dropping by and adding me to your blog list. But, who are you? You don't tell us anything about yourself in your About Me page. Hey, fill us in.

Todd said...

Oh, you know me (or of my former blog anyway) - I'm on your blogroll ;)

I used to be at http://semperubi.rtrc.net until there were some server hosting problems with the version of the blog software used there that I didn't have time to deal with. So, I created my new blog http://inprincipiodeus.solideogloria.com and just haven't had time to update my blogger profile :)

Reformed Renegade said...

Yeah, I've been trying to update my feed with your new blog but I couldn't connect and I don't have your email address. I was just thinking yesterday that I'd be disappointed if lost touch. Thanks for commenting. I'll add you feed!
Merry Christmas.