22 December 2007

New Books and Christmas Wishes



Just this week I received as a pseudo-Christmas gift of three books from the Banner of Truth. The Lovliness of Christ excerpts from Samuel Rutherford's Letters, Welsh Revival by Thomas Phillips, and The Cambuslang Revival by Arthur Fawcett. Obviously, by these selections one can tell that I'm very interested in the history of revival in the UK as well as in the US. Iain Murray has a few excellent books on the same subject (see sidebar) and how it relates to what is true revival and what it is not. To see how the Lord has brought about His purposes over the centuries I find truly fascinating.

I want to wish each and everyone one of you a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to reading more from all of you.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Merry Christmas Russ!
Brian Edward's has an excellent book on rivival from a British perspective called Revival. Also Colin and Mary Peckham have a reall good book about rivival on the Ilse of Lewis in the western Isles of Scotland, which lead to Mary's converison.it is called Sounds of Heaven, I think its also on Evangelical Press.

Reformed Renegade said...

And, Merry Christmas to you, too!
I'll have to look into those books. I like the history and also the mystery of how the Lord works.