14 August 2012

Losing the Sense of God's Presence


An extremely helpful post on losing the sense of God's presence can be found here at the Gospel Coalition. Ryan Kelly and Mark Mellinger discuss this sensitive issue and what one can do when passing through this difficult stage of life. It is a very helpful 12 minute audio whether you are sensing this yourself or perhaps just feeling down. The book mentioned, Spiritual Desertion, is available at Amazon.

    Why are you cast down, O my soul,
        and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
        my salvation and my God.
                                          (Psalm 42:11 ESV)

Numerous valuable resources on depression and spiritual desertion can be found at the Desert Springs Church blog.

No comments: