30 December 2008

Trueman Book Recommendations

Anyone who has read this blog before has likely picked up on the fact that I truly enjoy the work of Carl Trueman. He's a compelling lecturer and author in my opinion and as such I was happy to come across some book recommendations he made during his Nine Marks interview with Mark Dever. Really good stuff and I look forward into digging into some of these that I don't have & for those I have, reacquainting myself with the theological meat found within their pages.

The Reformation by Diarmaid MacCulloch
The European Reformations by Carter Lindberg
Here I Stand - A Life Of Martin Luther by Roland Bainton
Martin Luther: A Life (Penguin Lives) by Martin Marty
Anything by John Owen
Body of Divinity, Ten Commandments, Lord’s Prayer by Thomas Watson
The Christian in Complete Armour by William Gurnall
Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs
Human Nature in Its Fourfold State by Thomas Boston
The Bruised Reed And Smoking Flax (1878) by Richard Sibbes
The Pilgrim's Progress (Hendrickson Christian Classics) by John Bunyan
The Holy War by John Bunyan
Christianity and Liberalism by J. Gresham Machen
Anything by Don Carson particularly Letters Along the Way, The Cross and the Christian Ministry
Non-Christian:
Interesting Times: A Twentieth-Century Life (Lives of the Left) by E. J. Hobsbawm
Cultural Imperialism by Edward Said

No comments: